* Welcome Guests

Welcome Guest. We're a PRIVATE FORUM for Members only.
As a Guest this is all you'll be able to see. Why not register with us to see more?

Have you just signed up and not received your activation e-mail? please check your SPAM/JUNK folder in your e-mail program as some are being caught there. Similarly, a mistyped e-mail address won't work either. If you still have not received it please contact us by clicking HERE or by posting a message on our logging in problems board HERE.

* Corona Virus Advice

Dear Members and Visitors,

Just in case you've not seen the latest advice / guidelines regarding the Corona Virus (Covid-19), please visit the Government's website via the link below so you can be as up to date as possible.

The UK Government's Advice/Rules on Corona Virus

Also, the NHS website has a lot of useful information.

NHS Corona Virus Advice

I hope you are all following the rules in self-isolating and social-distancing. Only a fool would think they would never catch it and mix with others only to spread it further. Please do follow the guidelines and the Government's rulings.

Be safe, be healthy and be wise.

Regards
Hal
www.fiftyplusforum.co.uk
THIS BOARD IS PUBLIC - VISIBLE TO EVERYONE!

Topic: The Paris Accord.

Furryanimal on Fri 02-Jun-2017 | 06:06AM

Offline Furryanimal

• @furryanimal5
So why exactly is this bad for America?

The furry one😺
  • Read 13249 times
  • Category Front Page
Comments: 7

Norn on Fri 02-Jun-2017 | 08:09AM
Reply #1

Offline Norn

Trump got in on the votes of the blue collar workers who have been losing jobs. These jobs are mostly in the 'dirty' industries, like coal mining and those that use the coal.
To cut pollution, these jobs have to go, (in fact, just modernisation will do that).  So Trump must refuse to save the planet because he puts America First.
One face , the big coal mining are in the US is round Pittsburg, and the Mayor of Pittsburg is all for the Paris Contract
“Patriotism is not enough - I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone"

Furryanimal on Fri 02-Jun-2017 | 10:13AM
Reply #2

Offline Furryanimal

• @furryanimal5
Trump got in on the votes of the blue collar workers who have been losing jobs. These jobs are mostly in the 'dirty' industries, like coal mining and those that use the coal.
To cut pollution, these jobs have to go, (in fact, just modernisation will do that).  So Trump must refuse to save the planet because he puts America First.
One face , the big coal mining are in the US is round Pittsburg, and the Mayor of Pittsburg is all for the Paris Contract
Well put.He did say he was going to do this so no surprise.But on this issue the world should be coming first.

The furry one😺

Dickiemint on Fri 02-Jun-2017 | 14:28PM
Reply #3

Offline Dickiemint

• yes
I wonder how much of the coal and oil industry Trump owns?  And how much the industry contributes to the Republican party?

Furryanimal on Fri 02-Jun-2017 | 15:23PM
Reply #4

Offline Furryanimal

• @furryanimal5
I wonder how much of the coal and oil industry Trump owns?  And how much the industry contributes to the Republican party?
I have seen a comment on another site that the USA could not be a party to this accord without approval from Congess.I have no idea if that is right-any Americans able to tell me?- but you have to wonder.

The furry one😺

Van der Merwe on Sat 03-Jun-2017 | 14:14PM
Reply #5

Offline Van der Merwe

• Yes
Maybe Trumps action will burst the bubble of this  MMGW quasi religion.
 I don't deny climate change. I believe the evidence that it is happening but to believe that man by its puny efforts can stop, or reverse it, is the ultimate conceit.
 Not so many years ago the belief was that there was a widening hole in the ozone layer, caused by man. Then it was encouragement (presumably on the back of advice from "experts") that we should switch from dirty old petrol cars to much more friendly diesel ones.  In the seventies the "experts" were warning that the planet was cooling down.
I believe that the whole MM climate change issue is driven by the large sums of money being thrown to "experts" on the back of questionable investigation. It's an industry.
So good for Trump. At last someone who sees that the emperors new cloths are illusionary.
Into every life a little rain must fall, But I'm fed up with being soaked

King Arthur on Mon 19-Jun-2017 | 19:15PM
Reply #6

Offline King Arthur

Maybe Trumps action will burst the bubble of this  MMGW quasi religion.
 I don't deny climate change. I believe the evidence that it is happening but to believe that man by its puny efforts can stop, or reverse it, is the ultimate conceit.

I fear the "ultimate conceit" is in fact to deny what the Science clearly shows: that the climate is changing, in major part due to the activities of mankind and that mankind, by changing its ways, can limit that change in climate. Unless and until properly assessed evidence is presented to refute that position, then rational and sensible people must stick with the Science. No such evidence has as yet been brought forward.

I note that Trump no longer denies mankind's role in changing the climate. Wise man.
"The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult" Proverbs 12:16

Moonlighter on Thu 12-Nov-2020 | 20:10PM
Reply #7

Offline Moonlighter

I have yet to see a definition of "climate change".

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal