* Welcome Guests

Welcome Guest. We're a PRIVATE FORUM for Members only.
As a Guest this is all you'll be able to see. Why not register with us to see more?

Have you just signed up and not received your activation e-mail? please check your SPAM/JUNK folder in your e-mail program as some are being caught there. Similarly, a mistyped e-mail address won't work either. If you still have not received it please contact us by clicking HERE or by posting a message on our logging in problems board HERE.

* Corona Virus Advice

Dear Members and Visitors,

Just in case you've not seen the latest advice / guidelines regarding the Corona Virus (Covid-19), please visit the Government's website via the link below so you can be as up to date as possible.

The UK Government's Advice/Rules on Corona Virus

Also, the NHS website has a lot of useful information.

NHS Corona Virus Advice

I hope you are all following the rules in self-isolating and social-distancing. Only a fool would think they would never catch it and mix with others only to spread it further. Please do follow the guidelines and the Government's rulings.

Be safe, be healthy and be wise.

Regards
Hal
www.fiftyplusforum.co.uk
THIS BOARD IS PUBLIC - VISIBLE TO EVERYONE!

Topic: Prime Minister of UK

LouisJadot on Fri 10-Mar-2017 | 18:08PM
Reply #15

LouisJadot

It was her choice to throw her hat into the ring, She could of said this is not for me, I am not well enough for this. Also I find quite amazing as she was in favour of staying in the EU, The job of taking us out should of went to a Brexiteer.  Never mind she will get stabbed in the back by her party if she does not get what they want, and as they all want different things she will never satisfy them all.

SG on Fri 10-Mar-2017 | 21:56PM
Reply #16

SG

It was her choice to throw her hat into the ring, She could of said this is not for me, I am not well enough for this.

She could, she didn't so presumably she is!

Harvatt on Sat 11-Mar-2017 | 10:32AM
Reply #17

Offline Harvatt

• tbusby123@hotmail.com
So why mention it?   :grrr:

I Like your Roald Dahl's quotation  Janey   .
« Last Edit: Sat 11-Mar-2017 | 10:37AM by Harvatt »

Griffon on Sat 11-Mar-2017 | 11:11AM
Reply #18

Offline Griffon

It was her choice to throw her hat into the ring, She could of said this is not for me, I am not well enough for this. Also I find quite amazing as she was in favour of staying in the EU, The job of taking us out should of went to a Brexiteer.  Never mind she will get stabbed in the back by her party if she does not get what they want, and as they all want different things she will never satisfy them all.
I too wonder how she resolves her views about the EU and her current position. Historically she always was a bit hot and cold about Europe. Is she just a pragmatic politician? Power before principle? One could be forgiven for supposing that, prior to the referendum, she positioned herself to assume power if it went for Brexit, but cleverly without jeopardising her position if it went to Remain. She could have become PM eventually whichever way it went.

Pink Geranium on Sat 11-Mar-2017 | 11:20AM
Reply #19

Offline Pink Geranium

Of course Griffon wasn't being insulting. He was merely stating a fact about her health. No diabetics I know would find it insulting.

LouisJadot on Sat 11-Mar-2017 | 11:23AM
Reply #20

LouisJadot

I too wonder how she resolves her views about the EU and her current position. Historically she always was a bit hot and cold about Europe. Is she just a pragmatic politician? Power before principle? One could be forgiven for supposing that, prior to the referendum, she positioned herself to assume power if it went for Brexit, but cleverly without jeopardising her position if it went to Remain. She could have become PM eventually whichever way it went.

I always feel that way with folk that have a bank book stuffed with money, They do not need to bother about principle, they are driven by the power they are given. and she knows no matter what happens it will not affect her personally, apart from lousing her job, and being a Tory she also knows it is par of the course to be rejected if you can not deliver what they have voted you in to do.

Griffon on Sat 11-Mar-2017 | 13:28PM
Reply #21

Offline Griffon

I always feel that way with folk that have a bank book stuffed with money, They do not need to bother about principle, they are driven by the power they are given. and she knows no matter what happens it will not affect her personally, apart from lousing her job, and being a Tory she also knows it is par of the course to be rejected if you can not deliver what they have voted you in to do.
Actually my comment "power before principle" wasn't necessarily a criticism. In some ways politicians on a mission worry me more than the pragmatic types.

One of the purposes of politics is to govern. The Tories have realised this best of all political parties for at least 200 years. First and foremost she's a Tory. I suspect she's fairly ambivalent about the EU. But I think perhaps she's weighed up the pros and cons and decided that the best option for her (and the Tories') political future in power is to back Brexit wholeheartedly. Pragmatically that's all she and they can do. They can't be seen to go against the referendum result, a referendum instigated by a Tory PM. They have an opposition in disarray.  They can take advantage of that to achieve what the Tory grassroots want - to get out of the EU. They risk Scotland leaving the UK of course, but even that is not all bad news for the Tories. If Scotland left, it more or less ensures Tory government for half a generation or more.

LouisJadot on Sat 11-Mar-2017 | 19:50PM
Reply #22

LouisJadot

Actually my comment "power before principle" wasn't necessarily a criticism. In some ways politicians on a mission worry me more than the pragmatic types.

One of the purposes of politics is to govern. The Tories have realised this best of all political parties for at least 200 years. First and foremost she's a Tory. I suspect she's fairly ambivalent about the EU. But I think perhaps she's weighed up the pros and cons and decided that the best option for her (and the Tories') political future in power is to back Brexit wholeheartedly. Pragmatically that's all she and they can do. They can't be seen to go against the referendum result, a referendum instigated by a Tory PM. They have an opposition in disarray.  They can take advantage of that to achieve what the Tory grassroots want - to get out of the EU. They risk Scotland leaving the UK of course, but even that is not all bad news for the Tories. If Scotland left, it more or less ensures Tory government for half a generation or more.

I did not take it to mean a criticism.
I is just how I feel about them as people, that do that job, They do not seem to have have any self morals, when there gut is telling them I think it better to stay in the EU and that is the way I will vote, Then when an opportunity comes that gives them power the cant help themselves from grabbing the position, and never mind my health or any thing else, This is for me. That is what makes them dangerous.

Griffon on Sun 12-Mar-2017 | 23:37PM
Reply #23

Offline Griffon

And yet you seem to have little problem with handing power over to the EU.

LouisJadot on Mon 13-Mar-2017 | 16:07PM
Reply #24

LouisJadot

And yet you seem to have little problem with handing power over to the EU.

This is not about me it is about The Prime Minister  TM. :hmm:

Harvatt on Wed 15-Mar-2017 | 21:45PM
Reply #25

Offline Harvatt

• tbusby123@hotmail.com
My Word ,    Those last nineteen posts were quite interesting ,  everyone briefly
put their thoughts down ,  mostly around the same aspect of the discussion
I may add ,  but still kept the matter in hand very polite  polite     -  unusual but
brilliant !   
Regards    Terry .
« Last Edit: Wed 15-Mar-2017 | 21:54PM by Harvatt »

Griffon on Wed 15-Mar-2017 | 21:57PM
Reply #26

Offline Griffon

My Word ,    Those last nineteen posts were quite interesting ,  you all briefly
put your thoughts down ,  mostly around the same aspect of the discussion
I may add ,  but still kept the matter in hand polite     -     Good .
regards    Terry .
It's one of the good things about this forum. Mainly people seem to choose to get on even if they disagree. Not like Digital Spy forums or similar where often people seem intent on having a spat which then goes on boringly for post after post.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal