* Welcome Guests

Welcome Guest. We're a PRIVATE FORUM for Members only.
As a Guest this is all you'll be able to see. Why not register with us to see more?

Have you just signed up and not received your activation e-mail? please check your SPAM/JUNK folder in your e-mail program as some are being caught there. Similarly, a mistyped e-mail address won't work either. If you still have not received it please contact us by clicking HERE or by posting a message on our logging in problems board HERE.

* Corona Virus Advice

Dear Members and Visitors,

Just in case you've not seen the latest advice / guidelines regarding the Corona Virus (Covid-19), please visit the Government's website via the link below so you can be as up to date as possible.

The UK Government's Advice/Rules on Corona Virus

Also, the NHS website has a lot of useful information.

NHS Corona Virus Advice

I hope you are all following the rules in self-isolating and social-distancing. Only a fool would think they would never catch it and mix with others only to spread it further. Please do follow the guidelines and the Government's rulings.

Be safe, be healthy and be wise.

Regards
Hal
www.fiftyplusforum.co.uk
THIS BOARD IS PUBLIC - VISIBLE TO EVERYONE!

Topic: The downsides of exercise.

measles on Wed 12-Aug-2015 | 20:05PM

Offline measles

• "Highly Infectious Member"
    • yes
1.   dropping your towel in a puddle on the changing room floor.   ang3r
2.   Trying to get your clothes back on over damp skin.  :help:
3.   Exercising in the rain when you wear glasses and steam up.  8}
4.   Shin splints  :bigstorm:
5.   blisters  -X-
6.   Walking through a puddle at swimming baths wondering if you will get a verruca.  :shrug:
7.   Needing the loo.  :-[
8.   Losing the key to your locker  :hysteric:
9.   Where to put smelly trainers when you get home.  :sweat:
10.   Extra washing.  :'(
11.   That fit person on the next machine.   ::)
12.   Where do you put your keys, phone, water bottle etc.  :hmm:
13.   Looking like a beetroot  >b<
14.   Getting a shower or bath afterwards.   :cheers:
Smile if you are still breathing
  • Read 10454 times
  • Category Front Page
Comments: 4

Ruthio on Thu 13-Aug-2015 | 19:06PM
Reply #1

Offline Ruthio

Well I'm almost totally immobile at present so I'm feeling quite smug now!

Mind you, when I get out and about again I was looking forward to a regular swim   :'(
The views expressed in this post come from the Ruthio Book Of Opinions©
Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental

Walkingwithtime on Thu 31-Mar-2016 | 17:15PM
Reply #2

Walkingwithtime

Walking to the gym makes you tired before you start.

All those fit looking younger people spur you on to workout harder, however you exceed your pace maker guidelines and need a lift back home.

You see that fab looking neighbor next to you on the running machine, cor blimey no make up better look the other way don't want to embarrass her ....... must make sure I have it on next time. lol.

guest1273 on Mon 30-Apr-2018 | 20:11PM
Reply #3

guest1273

What I love is the way that, in the gym car park, arriving members drive round and round trying to get a space just 20 yards closer to the entrance than the next space.

They then walk the few yards to the entrance, go in, and presumably try to walk the treadmill or the cross-trainer to death for the next hour or so.    ;D

aron on Mon 30-Apr-2018 | 21:13PM
Reply #4

Offline aron

I suppose another down side is having to spend time buying just the right named outfit, with matching shoes ( named also ) and the latest thingitty jig equipment that you have to stick on your arm, to tell you how far you have run, walked, jogged,  and not forgetting those ultra smart latest things to stick in your ears.

You've gotta look smart and trendy on the journey !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal