* Welcome Guests

Welcome Guest. We're a PRIVATE FORUM for Members only.
As a Guest this is all you'll be able to see. Why not register with us to see more?

Have you just signed up and not received your activation e-mail? please check your SPAM/JUNK folder in your e-mail program as some are being caught there. Similarly, a mistyped e-mail address won't work either. If you still have not received it please contact us by clicking HERE or by posting a message on our logging in problems board HERE.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Front Page / Re: Harassment, Parliament and the BBC
« Last post by SG on Mon 06-Nov-2017 | 13:37pm »
I understand the Yorkshire Ripper's manner was very nice in public, as was Fred West's . . .
« Last post by Robyn on Mon 06-Nov-2017 | 13:36pm »
I was in a public place, I felt safe, his manner was very nice.  I didn't feel threatened.

If he'd followed me off the bus that would have changed everything.

I have been followed off a tube train late at night (when I was in my teens) and that was terrifying.
« Last post by SG on Mon 06-Nov-2017 | 13:34pm »
Double standards?

Isn't it a far more risky situation?  How do you know a complete stranger is safe?  You don't,  and if he sees your friendliness as a come-on it's too late when he's followed you off the bus . . .
« Last post by Robyn on Mon 06-Nov-2017 | 13:33pm »
A few weeks ago a female member posted that whilst on a bus, a man, a complete stranger to her, had told her she was a very attractive woman.  Some posters, including at least one who has posted here reviling the man in the life and his ilk, seemed to think that was great . . .

I think that's different from a sleazy comment alone in a lift at work by the boss, or whoever he was.

I've been chatted up on buses and it made me laugh.  A young man asked me if I was 'single' and I asked him how old he was - 38 he said.  I said I'm old enough to be your mother, I don't mind he said.  It cheered me up actually. 
« Last post by Beppy on Mon 06-Nov-2017 | 13:22pm »
A few weeks ago a female member posted that whilst on a bus, a man, a complete stranger to her, had told her she was a very attractive woman.  Some posters, including at least one who has posted here reviling the man in the life and his ilk, seemed to think that was great . . .

Exactly!
« Last post by SG on Mon 06-Nov-2017 | 12:27pm »
« Last post by SG on Mon 06-Nov-2017 | 12:12pm »
50 years ago perhaps although even then I think most women were more than capable or dealing with such a low-key situation.

I doubt many modern 20 year old women would turn a hair and in fact, would probably respond with the sort of put-down that would make the man wish he'd kept quiet!
« Last post by Myra on Mon 06-Nov-2017 | 12:11pm »
I don't think that  when I was 20 years old that I would have regarded being told by a man when alone in a lift with him that I filled out my jeans well,  as rather flattering.

I can't  imagine any decent man saying that to a woman in a lift.  That would have scared me.
« Last post by NZ on Mon 06-Nov-2017 | 11:59am »
Alone in a lift and a sleazy comment made I would imagine would frighten some young women.
« Last post by SG on Mon 06-Nov-2017 | 11:55am »
I don't think it would frighten too many either!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]