* Welcome Guests

Welcome Guest. We're a PRIVATE FORUM for Members only.
As a Guest this is all you'll be able to see. Why not register with us to see more?

Have you just signed up and not received your activation e-mail? please check your SPAM/JUNK folder in your e-mail program as some are being caught there. Similarly, a mistyped e-mail address won't work either. If you still have not received it please contact us by clicking HERE or by posting a message on our logging in problems board HERE.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Front Page / Re: Milk
« Last post by cass on Wed 14-Nov-2018 | 14:47pm »
Not keen on milk, at home I have a small amount of Semi skimmed in Coffee and on cereal. I remember the small milk bottles at School, probably a third of a pint. I was thankful when the Blessed Margaret stopped us poor children from having to waste it by pouring it away. :bravo:
« Last post by magellan on Wed 14-Nov-2018 | 13:43pm »
- or the Tidy Monitor
« Last post by NEGal on Wed 14-Nov-2018 | 13:36pm »
Better than being the ink monitor.
« Last post by magellan on Wed 14-Nov-2018 | 09:47am »
Were you ever a milk monitor Mag.  ;)

Yes, and it carried perks. You could finish off all the unclaimed bottles left in the crate.
« Last post by Furryanimal on Wed 14-Nov-2018 | 08:35am »
Only a bit on cereal for me.If I drank it it would cause me stomach cramps.
« Last post by NEGal on Wed 14-Nov-2018 | 07:56am »
I do appreciate that lady enabled me to buy my house.

So thinks we just stick to milk.  :)
« Last post by Lila1410 on Wed 14-Nov-2018 | 07:44am »
I'd already left school before that nasty lady appeared on our horizons. My milk-drinking days were long over.

I don't know how much the loss of that milk affected the younger ones, it coincided with the gradually increase of so many unhealthy habits.

(I managed to avoid the doubtful honour of being a milk monitor.)
« Last post by NEGal on Wed 14-Nov-2018 | 07:41am »
Were you ever a milk monitor Mag.  ;)
« Last post by magellan on Wed 14-Nov-2018 | 07:34am »
I miss my 1/3 pint daily dose bottle from school days, stolen from us by that nasty lady who became future PM.

However, I must admit the classroom often stank of stale stuff especially in winter days.
« Last post by Lila1410 on Wed 14-Nov-2018 | 06:42am »
Yes, and children putting their bottles on the radiators to thaw out.

(I freeze it now deliberately as I've started getting it delivered weekly to save such frequent trips to the Co-op, as the stuff in the local shop isn't reliably fresh.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10