* Welcome Guests

Welcome Guest. We're a PRIVATE FORUM for Members only.
As a Guest this is all you'll be able to see. Why not register with us to see more?

Have you just signed up and not received your activation e-mail? please check your SPAM/JUNK folder in your e-mail program as some are being caught there. Similarly, a mistyped e-mail address won't work either. If you still have not received it please contact us by clicking HERE or by posting a message on our logging in problems board HERE.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated anywhere on this site, offending posts may be removed without consultation and warnings will be issued.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Front Page / Re: Stiffer penalties for assaults on the Emergency Services
« Last post by Dickiemint on Thu 21-Sep-2017 | 18:08PM »
It's a big problem, some put down to Supermarkets selling cheap alcohol.  Folk on a night out fill up on the cheap stuff because the pubs and clubs are more expensive.
Society doesn't seem to teach restraint and respect to children anymore.  There seems to be a generation now growing up who don't have a guilt complex!  Thus much stiffer sentences may actually get through to them.
« Last post by SG on Thu 21-Sep-2017 | 17:33PM »
In my experience a lot are drunk, but a large number are bullies who think the person ..(nurse/doctor) they are having a go at can't retaliate so are easy fodder.

Yes, you're right, and in the case of Police Officers it can be people who don't like being told what to do, or what they can't do, or what they shouldn't have done.  :)
« Last post by SG on Thu 21-Sep-2017 | 17:32PM »
A question for you, if an officer is kicked in the face is he or she  allowed to kick back and possibly injure the thug without being investigated

Not really, officers are taught Home Office approved methods of restraint and control - and kicking isn't among them!

Having said that if you can justify a non-HO move it's usually ok - for instance I had to slap the face of a woman who had her teeth sunk into my hand because I couldn't make her release me any other way.
« Last post by Ar Lass on Thu 21-Sep-2017 | 17:10PM »
I always assumed the people who do this were probably drunk. It seems so irrational and terrible.
In my experience a lot are drunk, but a large number are bullies who think the person ..(nurse/doctor) they are having a go at can't retaliate so are easy fodder.
« Last post by Hotspur on Thu 21-Sep-2017 | 16:56PM »
Even when that violence causes injuries necessitating time off work?  Why should a Police Officer get kicked in the face and CPS (who sit in nice safe offices well away from the public) decree that 'well, you have to expect a certain amount of violence towards you'?

There is a specific offence of assault on a Police Officer - so it should be used!
A question for you, if an officer is kicked in the face is he or she  allowed to kick back and possibly injure the thug without being investigated
« Last post by Hotspur on Thu 21-Sep-2017 | 16:51PM »
It is obvious as to why folk attack those that come to help. It is a form of hitting back at the establishment. just as toilets are trashed in workplaces, It has been going on for since the beginning of time,  Part of Human Behaviour how humans react to situations they don't like. very complex to those that don't read up on it. It is all out there to read Google is your Friend.
Not forgetting it may just have something to do with having consumed large amounts of alcohol in which case one is still responsible for their actions and should be treated as so.
If never seen workplace toilets trashed, and I've visited a lot all over the UK and the world
« Last post by Pink Geranium on Thu 21-Sep-2017 | 16:50PM »
I always assumed the people who do this were probably drunk. It seems so irrational and terrible.
« Last post by SG on Thu 21-Sep-2017 | 16:47PM »
Afraid that's probably correct, but what I would like to see is police officers being allowed to defend themselves more freely from abuse and violence.

Even when that violence causes injuries necessitating time off work?  Why should a Police Officer get kicked in the face and CPS (who sit in nice safe offices well away from the public) decree that 'well, you have to expect a certain amount of violence towards you'?

There is a specific offence of assault on a Police Officer - so it should be used!

« Last post by Hotspur on Thu 21-Sep-2017 | 16:42PM »
As far as assaults on Police Officers go, CPS tend to take the view that by the nature of the job, a certain amount of violence and abuse should be expected. Nice!
Afraid that's probably correct, but what I would like to see is police officers being allowed to defend themselves more freely from abuse and violence.
« Last post by SG on Thu 21-Sep-2017 | 16:02PM »
I've never worked anywhere where the toilets were trashed.

I don't see that trying to injure those who are there to help and maybe save your life is hitting back at the establishment either.

I do see it as plain stupid, pig-ignorant and selfish - I don't need to read anything to know that!

Any such abuse should attract an automatic prison sentence of a minimum of 6 months - the whole sentence to be served.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10