About your Forum > Front Page

The Paris Accord.

(1/2) > >>

Furryanimal:
So why exactly is this bad for America?

Norn:
Trump got in on the votes of the blue collar workers who have been losing jobs. These jobs are mostly in the 'dirty' industries, like coal mining and those that use the coal.
To cut pollution, these jobs have to go, (in fact, just modernisation will do that).  So Trump must refuse to save the planet because he puts America First.
One face , the big coal mining are in the US is round Pittsburg, and the Mayor of Pittsburg is all for the Paris Contract

Furryanimal:

--- Quote from: Norn on Fri 02-Jun-2017 | 08:09AM ---Trump got in on the votes of the blue collar workers who have been losing jobs. These jobs are mostly in the 'dirty' industries, like coal mining and those that use the coal.
To cut pollution, these jobs have to go, (in fact, just modernisation will do that).  So Trump must refuse to save the planet because he puts America First.
One face , the big coal mining are in the US is round Pittsburg, and the Mayor of Pittsburg is all for the Paris Contract

--- End quote ---
Well put.He did say he was going to do this so no surprise.But on this issue the world should be coming first.

Dickiemint:
I wonder how much of the coal and oil industry Trump owns?  And how much the industry contributes to the Republican party?

Furryanimal:

--- Quote from: Dickiemint on Fri 02-Jun-2017 | 14:28PM ---I wonder how much of the coal and oil industry Trump owns?  And how much the industry contributes to the Republican party?

--- End quote ---
I have seen a comment on another site that the USA could not be a party to this accord without approval from Congess.I have no idea if that is right-any Americans able to tell me?- but you have to wonder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version