* Welcome Guests

Welcome Guest. We're a PRIVATE FORUM for Members only.
As a Guest this is all you'll be able to see. Why not register with us to see more?

Have you just signed up and not received your activation e-mail? please check your SPAM/JUNK folder in your e-mail program as some are being caught there. Similarly, a mistyped e-mail address won't work either. If you still have not received it please contact us by clicking HERE or by posting a message on our logging in problems board HERE.

THIS BOARD IS PUBLIC - VISIBLE TO EVERYONE!

Topic: If you had the power to fire a presenter/DJ who would you choose?

CeeCee on Thu 08-Sep-2016 | 21:48pm
Reply #45

CeeCee

Clare Balding.  I tuned in to watch the Paralympics and what did I get, two races and CB droning on and on and on.  Plus idiots prancing and posing behind her.  She has caused me to switch off.

Vulpecula on Fri 09-Sep-2016 | 12:35pm
Reply #46

Online Vulpecula

• To the world you may be just another person. But to one person, you may just be the world.
  • Global Moderator
    • YES
Clare Balding.  I tuned in to watch the Paralympics and what did I get, two races and CB droning on and on and on.  Plus idiots prancing and posing behind her.  She has caused me to switch off.
I noticed that when the paralympians were doing the dance in their wheelchairs, they had an able boded person up there doing it too, (as though to show how it should be done?) What was that all about?
Religion is for those who don't want to go to hell.

Spirituality is for those who have already been there.

CeeCee on Fri 09-Sep-2016 | 13:08pm
Reply #47

CeeCee

What also annoyed me was that the presenters were standing in the arena, giving their views and predictions re medals, whilst sports were going on behind them.  All they concentrated on was British competitors, not the races/heats.

Mong KH on Sat 03-Dec-2016 | 10:13am
Reply #48

Offline Mong KH

I listen to BBC Radio London via iPlayer a lot, to remind myself of what I'm missing, and would second the firing of Vanessa Feltz : a biased woman who profusely thanks those interviewees she agrees with and sharply shuts off those she disagrees with.

Apart from her I'd ditch Robert Elms : his choice of music stinks although his regular slot on London's history is quite interesting.

Mind you, Desmond Carrington's choice of music could be a bit stuffy and dire on Radio 2, but listening to his rare plummy tones was always a treat. I miss the old bugger.
Hope for the best, expect the worst, and take what comes.